San Jose, December 01, 2010. As you know, every day is needed for different procedures in different hospitals of the country. National Bank of blood (BNS) makes up approximately 51% of the blood required to different hospitals, meet the other 49% hospitals through replenishment strategies. Donated blood is fractionated into different components: red cells platelets Plasma Crioprecipitados. I.e., that with a total blood donation drive you would be helping many people at once. We could be helping, giving a little bit of life, well either to a newborn, a patient with cancer, leukaemia, patient with some sort of chronic enfermadad with digestive bleeding, a victim either to a mother who became complicated at the time of giving birth to your baby etc.
General requirements for donating blood are as follows: * be at least 18 years old. Greater than 50 kg weight * Be a healthy person. ** Not required to be on an empty stomach. You can reach desayunado, always and when you’ve had a light breakfast (without fat and dairy). * When you have made a heavy meal, to donate two and a half hours after approximately approach * fill out a form, survey or donation cuentionario. Donation sites: the National Bank of blood, which is located on the South side of the Church of Zapote 7: 00 in the morning until 3: 00 afternoon.
Phones are 2283-7321 or 2280-9875. Either in any of the CCSS hospitals. Clarification: This note is for general information purposes only. In addition, it is also important to mention that the needs of blood and other procedures is something every day. The intention of encouraging the population at this time, is because it is one of the times where it is typically give more scarcity of blood. Many people more than justified are on vacation and many are outside the Metropolitan Area. Therefore the donations decrease, but not so needs, these are maintained or in most of the cases increase due to traffic accidents, wounds of firearm, weapon or other type of event. I repeat, the need for procedures is something every day but before going on vacation, go to the beach, mountain, El Chinamo, to different parties, we could go first to donate blood and then we can enjoy the end and beginning of year as we have planned. Clear hope you enjoy but take care, because I would not have them by the Hospital (at least that want me to greet!) Remember that a normal average person can donate every 3 months. Thanks a lot! Andres.